Ottawa is Canada's Beautiful Capital City!
Welcome to the city that we call home! We believe that Ottawa is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It has so much to offer and there is so much for you to do here. We are very excited to be able to share it with you.
The Ottawa Region boasts good health for its citizens, safe neighbourhoods, and access to good schools and after-school activities with no tolerance for drugs and violence.
Nestled on the banks of the majestic Ottawa, Rideau and Gatineau Rivers, Ottawa has been described as one of the most beautiful G8 capitals in the world. Within and around the urban heart of the region are spectacular parks and wilderness areas. The typical drive to work is less than 30 minutes, and many people own recreational properties on the hundreds of clean lakes, rivers and streams that surround the region. Less than an hour's drive from the United States border, Ottawa enjoys the attributes of a major centre for the visual and performing arts, as well as other big-city attractions, while maintaining the accessibility, atmosphere and charm of a smaller city.
City Economy: Ottawa's economy is dominated by the Canadian federal government and the hi-tech industry. Ottawa has become known as Silicon Valley North.
- A population of over 1.2 million makes the Ottawa region the fourth-largest urban area in Canada
- Ottawa is home to such high tech giants as Nortel Networks, Alcatel, Cognos, Tundra, Cisco, MDS Nordion and Entrust
- Our technology companies are complemented by Dell, MBNA Canada, ING Direct, Clarica and MD Management
- Ottawa is also the home of government organizations such as the Government of Canada, Parliament, the Senate, and the Supreme Court of Canada
- More than 1,800 advanced technology companies employ more than 76,000 people
- With the highest-educated workforce in Canada, Ottawa has more engineers, scientists and PhDs per capita than any other city in the country
- $3.7 billion CDN in venture capital was invested in Ottawa technology companies from 2000 to 2005
- With 90 per cent of Canada’s industrial telecommunications research and development conducted here, Ottawa is one of the world's top five sites for R&D
- Canada's Capital region welcomes over 7.3 million visitors per year, who spend over $1.18 billion
- According to Statistics Canada, families in Ottawa had the highest median incomes of any Canadian city in 2001
- Mercer Human Resources International recently placed Ottawa 14th in a survey of 200 cities worldwide and 2nd best city in Canada for best quality of life. Another study by Mercer found that Ottawa is the least expensive major city in which to live in North America, and Mercer has also ranked Ottawa as the 3rd best city worldwide for Eco-City.
- Languages spoken include English (50%), French (32%) and a host of other languages including significant capabilities in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic
|FREE Kit||Resources||Buyer's Info||Buying Services|